The VFSC Network Development Work Group believes that better connections provides better opportunities. The Network Development Work Group strives to enhance connections among food councils and other food groups in Virginia, and to bridge connections with larger regional networks. Our goal is to catalyze connections so that collaborative action can happen when it makes sense, while maintaining individual group autonomy. The Network Development Work Group strives to facilitate the sharing of ideas and resources (including serving as a fiscal agent) to strengthen the Commonwealth’s and the regional (multi-state) food system.
Sustainable and just food systems throughout the Commonwealth.
To build relationships, collaborate, and share resources with other groups and organizations working within Virginia’s food system and to recognize our place in the regional food systems.
- Identify, assess, and support common goals while maintaining group autonomy.
- Improve communication among food groups.
- Collaborate on projects and initiatives that advance sustainable and just food systems throughout the Commonwealth.
- Network with regional (multi-state) food system efforts
- Fostering the growth of emerging and existing local food groups by sharing resources and serving as a fiscal agent.