The Virginia Food System Council needs help from all local food advocates across Virginia to promote the $10-a- Week Eat Local, Buy Local Challenge. Find resources in our $10 a week Challenge Toolkit or contact us.
10 Ways You Can Help Promote the $10 a week challenge.
- Encourage your local food group members to go online and pledge support
- Share the link to the $10 a week challenge website through your email networks
- Share the $10 a week challenge press release through your email networks
- Follow and “Like” the Virginia Food System Council on Facebook
- Use your social networks to encourage your friends to pledge $10 a week
- Share the press release and website with your region’s economic development offices and encourage them to distribute in their e-newsletters
- Promote the $10 a week campaign in your printed and online local food directories
- Encourage your county offices to promote the challenge and pledge support of the campaign
- Print out the $10 a week challenge poster and display at your area farmers markets, grocers, restaurants, etc.
- Write about the $10 a week challenge in your local paper’s editorial section.