Are you thinking of starting your own food movement or your own local food related project or business?
We believe the best way to encourage you to find your niche and help us build the infrastructure for Virginia’s local food system is by sharing what others have done and letting you know that these examples are out there for potential guidance. If you have a story or would like to write up a case study of your local food system endeavor to share here, please contact us.
- Realities of starting a fresh local food endeavor
- Start a farm that works to feed the hungry
- Make a video about something you think is important relative to food here in Virginia
- Are you a school lunch coordinator? See ways that others are making the Farm to School Program happen. Coming Soon!
- Start a cannery so your farmers can utilize their overproduction. Coming Soon!
- Start your own gleaning project. Coming Soon!
- Start up a local meat processing unit so that your farmers don’t need to travel out of the state to process their livestock. Coming Soon!
1. Brett Wilson of Horse & Buggy